Position: On-Demand Biomedical Technician
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Throughout US
Duration: Varies – 2 weeks to 6 months
Required Education: BS or Associate (or equivalent experience)
Job Type: Temporary staff augmentation; opportunity to transfer to full-time, direct hire
Technician provides biomedical support including preventive maintenance and repairs to all Clinical/Patient-related equipment. In this role, the Biomedical Technician will properly respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance customer’s biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through service excellence. The Biomedical Technician may be assigned to on-site facility projects that may extend over one month.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- With minimal supervision, evaluate equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations.
- Follow appropriate policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
- Maintain daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- May assist more and less experienced technicians on basic and complex repairs.
- Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
- Ensure proper care of parts, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration.
- Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding the safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Utilizing acquired knowledge of company test equipment and systems, acts as equipment “trouble-shooter”, identifying where problems exist and recommending resolution as needed.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. Candidate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by the supervisor.
- Previous hospital or medical experience required.
- Valid state issued driver’s license and good driving record.
- Level I – Minimum of one to four years of experience performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Level II – Minimum of five to nine years of experience performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Level III – Minimum of ten years of experience performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using PDA and computer skills.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
- Willing to occasionally travel outside of assigned region.
- May require temporary relocation; daily reimbursables included.
- Imaging experience highly desired.
- Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET) desired.
- Electronics Engineering Technology /Technician may be considered.
- Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Change agent and process oriented.